One of the most time-consuming aspects of wedding photography is by far the editing process. As photographers, it's easy to settle into a post-processing routine that takes hours longer than it should. For a large majority of wedding photographers, the post-production can take longer than the entire day of shooting the wedding. Most of us fail to stop and consider just how much time we could save if we only spent a little effort learning how to make our own workflow more efficient. Sometimes, that even means changing our process significantly!
A Faster Wedding Workflow
Most photographers gravitate toward Adobe Lightroom without realizing there are other options that might make their workflow faster. That's the route Quentin Decaillet went before he realized he could edit his wedding better and more quickly using Capture One software. Now, as a Capture One ambassador, Quentin is equipped to teach his full wedding post-processing workflow and demonstrate how you can cut down your editing time dramatically.
What's Included in This Tutorial?
Whether you're brand new to Capture One or you've used it for years, Quentin teaches a variety of techniques at an easy-to-follow pace. The tutorial starts with the basics of importing, organizing, and culling your files quickly and efficiently. You'll then move on to editing each part of the day using the full extent of tools Capture One offers. Finally, Quentin will show you several time-saving techniques for exporting multiple versions of your images.
Setting Up the Catalog
- Creating Catalog Templates
- Importing Files Efficiently
Culling Files Quickly
- Creating a Workspace Dedicated to Wedding Culling
- Combining the Catalog Folder Structure with Stars and Labels
- Creating a Workspace Dedicated to Wedding Editing
- Automatic Adjustments for a Better Experience
- Mosaic Editing Basic Settings in an Instant
- Using the Normalize Tool for Perfect Results
- Skin Work Within Seconds Without Photoshop
- Advanced Color Correction Made Simple
- Stand Out with Local Adjustments
- Color-Grading Quickly and Easily with Styles
Exporting in One Click
- Proofing Before Exporting
- Using Process Recipes to Export in Multiple Formats
Regardless if you are a seasoned professional wedding photographer or you are still working towards making wedding photography a full-time business, we know this tutorial will help you not only improve your efficiency with culling and editing your images, but also help you deliver the absolute best quality images to your wedding clients.