Welcome to The Complete Wedding Photography Training System, a proven pathway to developing successful wedding photographers from the ground up.
When we started shooting weddings 10 years ago, we had to find our own way, piece together our own education, waste money on unnecessary gear, and learn from our many mistakes. Along the way, we created a framework for our own team. Like a muscle, we believed that creativity could be trained and developed and it wasn’t something you were just born with. From that belief, the Complete Wedding Photography Training System was born.
See a breakdown of the eight workshops below:
Workshop One: Planning and Communication
Runtime: 9 Hours. Learn how to book clients and guarantee them an incredible experience with your studio.
- Communication and Key Skills for Success
- How to Impress and Establish Value in Meetings
- Creating and Discussing the Moodboard
- Create and Discuss the Prefect Timeline
Workshop Two: Photographing the Groom
Runtime: 9.5 Hours. An encyclopedia of knowledge for any second shooter capturing groom and groomsmen portraits.
- Master Foundation Posing for Men
- Indoor Natural Light: Using What You Have
- Photographing Groom Details
- Lighting for Unique Journalistic Moments
- Must-Have Getting Ready Photographs
- Dramatic Portraits Using Natural Light
- Lighting for Stylized Portraits
- Directing for Authentic Moments
Workshop Three: Photographing the Bride
Runtime: 14.5 Hours. The ultimate guide to photographing, posing, and lighting beautiful bride and bridesmaids portraits.
This course will teach you how to create flattering bridal portraits and capture journalistic moments during bride preparation. The training we go through will provide lead shooters with the education necessary to be prepared for any scene and situation.
- Foundation Posing for Women
- The Power of Natural Light
- Photographing Bridal Details
- Must-Have Getting Ready Photographs
- Lighting for Creative Bridal Portraits
- Bridal Party Photojournalism
- Editorial Bridal Party Photos
- Lighting for Sunkissed Bridal Portraits
Workshop 4: Photographing the Couple
Runtime: 8.5 Hours. A career-changing workshop forlead shooters looking to perfect their couples portraiture.
- Favorite Gear for Couples Portraits
- Directing Clients for Authentic Expressions
- Understanding Posing and Body Language
- Communication and Cues for Directing
- Making the Most of any Location
- Incredible Portraits When Stuck in a Hotel Room
- Using Flash to Transform the Scene
- Working the Bridal Veil Into Portraits
Workshop Five: Photographing the Ceremony
Runtime: 6 Hours. Master the art of storytelling and capture every special moment during the wedding ceremony.
- Ceremony Positioning and Movement
- Capture Fleeting Ceremony Emotion
- Critical Storytelling Angles
- Important Details and Close-Ups
- Capture the Perfect Recessional
- Indian, Asian, Persian, and Other Cultural Weddings
- Best-Selling Group Portraits
- Artistry With the Speed of Photojournalism
Workshop Six: Photographing the Details
Runtime: 7.5 Hours. Capture stunning wedding decor photos that will get you published and noticed on social media.
- How to Get Published and Create Viral Detail Imagery
- Challenges, Lighting Issues, and Time Constraints
- How to Develop an Eye for Perfect Details
- Telling a Story Through Detail Photography
- Best Angles for Venue and Design
- Must-Have Details for Vendors and Publications
- Square Cropping and Social Media Best Practices
- Incorporating Couples into the Details
Workshop Seven: Photographing Groups
Runtime: 9 Hours. Perfect group portraiture with simple lighting guides, posing techniques, and communication tips.
- Communicating With Presence and Charisma
- Group Posing Crash Course
- Symmetrical Group Posing Techniques
- Editorial Posing Techniques
- Best Lighting for Group Portraits
- Large Group Light Composite Techniques
- Journalism During Group and Family Portraits
- Creative Family and Group Portraits
Workshop Eight: Photographing the Reception
Runtime: 6 Hours. Never struggle with off-camera flash again in any reception venue, no matter how dark the scene.
- Gear and Review of Lighting Techniques
- Lighting Diagrams for Indoor and Outdoor Venues
- Grand Entrances: Lighting Methods and Angles
- First Dance: Lighting Methods and Angles
- Crafting a Complete Story Through Movement
- Toasts and Speeches: Lighting Methods and Angles
- Bouquet and Garter Tosses: Lighting and Angles
- Cake Cutting: Lighting Methods and Angles
- Open Dancing: Lighting Methods and Angles
- Open Dancing: Special FX Techniques
- When and How to Use Clean Bounce Flash
- Lighting for Sparkler and Grand Exits
Bonus: Cultural Wedding Guides
Four PDFs to help prepare you to photograph Jewish, Persian, Indian (Hindu), and Asian (Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean) weddings.
- Indian Wedding Photography Guide
- Persian Wedding Photography Guide
- Chinese Wedding Photography Guide
- Jewish Wedding Photography Guide