[News] Major Canon Video Announcements — 1D C and C500!
Canon unloaded a ton of news this morning. Apart from specifically releasing specifications for the EOS 1D C (Cine) DSLR and the C500, they’re also apparently working on a few other things, including four lenses and other 4K cameras — the C300 was definitely just the beginning. Full specs and tons of photos after the jump!
Canon EOS 1D C:
– 18MP Full-Frame Sensor (5184×3456 pixels)
– ISO 100-51,200 (expandable from 50-204,800 — 25,600 for Video)
– 8-Bit 4:2:2 4K Video-Recording at 24fps, 1080P @ 24/25/30/50/60fps
– Clean HD via HDMI
– Canon Log Gamma support
– Super35mm Crop Option
– EF and EF Cinema Lens Compatibility
– Dual CF Card Slots
– 14FPS (stills)
– 61 AF Points
This is a 1D X on video crack; and you pay for it. What do you think? Does this seem like a dream for the deep-pocketed?
– 10-Bit 4:4:4 Recording @ 4K 60FPS
– 10-Bit 4:4:4 Recording @ “Half-Raw” 4096×1080 @ 120FPS
– Quad-HD Support (4096×2960, 3840×2160, 2048×1080, 1920×1080)
– Records 1080P to Dual CF Cards
– External Recorder Required for Higher Resolutions
– Canon Log Gamma Support
– Expected Price: $32,000
Canon 15.5-47mm T2.8 L and 30-105mm T2.8 L Cinema lenses were also announced in both PL and EF mounts. A C100 is still expected, but Canon’s dedication to the video market is ever-increasing.
Click on any photo to enlarge: