You don't always need super complicated setups with many lights to create stunning beauty images. This awesome video will show you a great two-light setup and show you every setting and detail you need to know to make it work for you.
Coming to you from Jeff Rojas, this great video will walk you through all the specifics of this two-light setup, in which he uses a Canon 5DS paired with the Tamron 85mm f/1.8 and a set of Profoto monolights, one bare and one firing into a deep medium umbrella with diffusion material. Rojas was kind enough to give us very exact details of the setup so you can replicate it for yourself:
- Camera settings: 1/200 s, f/8, ISO 100
- Main light: f/8, 34 inches from subject's eyes, 25 inches above eyes
- Rim light: f/11, 34 inches from subject, 12 inches off center
- Subject distance from background: 64 inches
- Reflector distance from subject: 24 inches
While you'll of course want to play with the setup a bit to find the variation that best suits your style and taste, Rojas' helpful video above should help you get everything in place to immediately get great results. Give it a watch and try it out for yourself this weekend!