Canon has released more information on the upcoming EOS R3 camera, with a variety of specs now available that give us more information on what to expect, as well as a gallery of new images of the upcoming camera.
We already know some of the headline features of the EOS R3, which include flagship-level dust- and weather-resistance, a newly developed stacked CMOS sensor with a back-illuminated design for faster readout speeds (resulting in less rolling shutter), 30 fps continuous burst rate, and eye-controlled autofocus.
The new specs give us some more insight into what we can expect from the camera, including:
- Multi-Controller and Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle touchscreen
- New accessory shoe
- Wired LAN 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- 30 fps electronic shutter with AF and AE tracking
- AF down to -7 EV
- 4K Canon Log3
- 8 stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- Oversampled 4K
- Internal raw video
- Car and motorbike AF tracking modes
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- LP-E19 battery
- Multi and smart controller equipped
- Magnesium alloy body
- SD and CFExpress dual card slots
Gordon Laing got some time with camera; you can check out the video above to hear his thoughts. It looks like Canon fans have a lot to be excited about!