Fuji’s latest camera in their popular X-Series line up, the X-T1, has been officially announced. Although I wrote a brief summary of the features and spec’s being passed around the rumor mill, the official announcement has just been made so we can now confirm details.
It’s impossible to ignore the stirring of interest in this camera, with some already calling it the camera the Df should have been. Personally, I’m going to reserve judgment until I get a chance to shoot with it ahead of the release next month.
This is what it looks like, including shots with the (sold separately) battery grip.
Key announcements from the press release:
- The FUJIFILM X-T1 now gives professional and enthusiast photographers the award-winning imaging power of the X-Series in a water, dust and temperature resistant body that braves outdoor challenges like never before.
- The optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) has the same hardy structure as the X-T1, so when added to the body, it is completely secured against the elements.
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- World’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards
The X-T1 has four OLED EVF Display Modes:
- "FULL" mode takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1's viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene
- "NORMAL" provides an optimum view, including shooting settings
- "DUAL" is specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. The regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split ImageTM or Focus Peak Highlight)*4
- “PORTRAIT” view in “NORMAL" and “FULL” modes automatically rotates the displayed information when the camera is held vertically
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera in 2014, including the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.
You can check out the details and prices over at B&H where they have it listed in line with what the rumors suggested - body-only for $1299.00 and with the 18-55mm kit lens for $1699.00