Have you got the passion, the drive, and are you also a female photographer? If you tick these boxes, why not apply for Sony's Alpha Female program and potentially win an array of prizes and mentorship opportunities?
Whether you are a photographer or a filmmaker and whether you shoot commercial, weddings, fine art, or something completely different, you have the opportunity to apply for Sony's"Alpha Female program, and the best thing is the applications are free!
Aimed at increasing diversity in the industry, the program will see five female photographers and filmmakers join Sony's Creator-in-Residence program, where the winners will be awarded $25,000 in grants, including an additional $5,000 for product allowance and the same amount for product loans. Furthermore, each of the winners will be paired with one of Sony's selected artists from their Artisans of Imagery collective.
If the large grant and mentorship isn't enough, Sony will also provide the winners with an exhibition of their work at the end of the program as well as plenty of further education and networking opportunities to truly help elevate the careers of the successful winners.
While the applications are free of charge, each of the applicants have to submit a thorough evidence of who they are and what the intend to achieve. The list of requirements is:
- Your current resume
- Up to one-minute video introduction of yourself
- Up to five photos and/or video examples of what "Be Alpha" means to you
- A short written essay describing your biggest career challenge and how this program will help you overcome it
- A written pitch of how you would leverage the program to achieve your career aspirations and what the outcome would be
- A high-level budget plan (what you'd be spending money on)
If you think you've got what it takes, have a look on Sony's website for all guidelines and requirements! But be quick; the contest ends on October 7!