A good 50mm lens with a wide aperture is one of the most useful a photographer or filmmaker can own, suitable for everything from portraits to low-light work. At $299, Samyang's AF 45mm f/1.8 FE is an affordable option, and this great video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from The Hybrid Shooter, this awesome video review takes a look at the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8 FE lens. As one of the company's newer autofocus models, it comes with a variety of useful features, including:
- One extra-low dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Two aspherical elements for less distortion and increased sharpness
- Ultra Multi-Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Linear STM autofocus motor for fast and quiet focusing
- Manual focus override
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm
Also noteworthy is the AF 45mm f/1.8's very small footprint and light weight, making it a great walkaround lens for a variety of scenarios. It is also a good option for anyone looking for their first prime lens and is one that will certainly grow with you. Check out the video above for the full rundown.