Few lenses are more versatile than a 50mm with a wide aperture, as it can competently tackle everything from low-light situations to portraits. The Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM offers some of the company's best features along with a very wide aperture, and this excellent video review takes a look at the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Anita Sadowska, this awesome video review takes a look at the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens. A professional-level lens that is part of the respected G Master series, the 50mm f/1.2 comes with a range of great features, including:
- Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements for less distortion and spherical aberrations and better sharpness, even wide open
- Nano AR Coating II for less flares and ghosting and better contrast
- Four XD Linear motors for faster and quieter autofocus
- Linear Response manual focus control
- Programmable Focus Hold button
- De-clickable aperture ring
- Dust- and moisture-sealing for working in extreme weather
- Fluorine front element coating to reduce fingerprints, moisture, and dust
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 50mm f/1.2 GM looks like quite the lens. Check out the video above for Sadowska's full thoughts.