When you are working on location, having a lot of flash power is great, but on the other hand, it can mean carrying a lot of heavy and unwieldy equipment. The Godox AD100Pro offers more power than a speedlight, but is lightweight and fits in the palm of your hand, and this great video review takes a look at the way it performs in practice.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this excellent video review takes a look at the Godox AD100Pro Pocket Flash. Despite its very compact size (4.7 x 3 x 3" / 120 x 76 x 76 mm) and light weight (1.2 lb / 524 g), the AD100Pro comes with a variety of great features, including:
- 100 Ws of power from 1/256 to 1/1 (9 stops)
- Removable lithium-ion battery with up to 360 full-power flashes
- Recycle time of 0.01 to 1.5 seconds
- Manual, auto (with flash exposure compensation), and stroboscopic (up to 90 Hz) modes
- 1.8-watt LED modeling light
- High-Speed Sync at up to 1/8,000 s
- Built-in Wireless
At $299, the AD100Pro looks like a versatile light with an impressive range of features that should make it useful for a wide range of work, both in studio and on location. Check out the video above for Abbott's full thoughts on the light.