Tamron has earned a reputation for producing lenses that make smart compromises to allow them to offer excellent performance and image quality at prices that are significantly more affordable than many first-party lenses. The new 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD is one of their more interesting lenses, offering an unusual focal length range in a small package. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in usage.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this awesome video review takes a look at the new Tamron 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens for Sony E mount cameras. At just $699, the 20-40mm f/2.8 is affordable, though it still comes with a range of impressive features, including:
- Minimum focusing distance of 6.7 inches for a maximum magnification of 0.26x
- Rapid zoom ring with 65° of travel for efficient focal lengths changes
- Moisture-resistant design
- Fluorine-coated front element for protection against dust, moisture, and fingerprints
- Compatible with Sony Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for photo and video work
- Weight: 12.9 oz (365 g)
Altogether, the 20-40mm f/2.8 Di III VXD looks like a great option if the focal length range works for you. Check out the video above for the full rundown from Frost.