Voigtlander is known for making lenses with rugged build quality and great image quality, and the MACRO APO-LANTHAR 65mm f/2 Aspherical lens is no different. This fantastic image review takes a look at this interesting lens and the sort of image quality and performance you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the Voigtlander MACRO APO-LANTHAR 65mm f/2 Aspherical lens. Voigtlander is known for very well-constructed manual focus lenses with lots of sharpness and contrast, and it looks like the 65mm f/2 is no exception. It comes with a variety of great features, including:
- 1:2 macro magnification with 12.2-inch minimum focusing distance
- 10-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Electronic contacts for transmitting data to the camera and leverage in-body image stabilization
- Apochromatic design for reduced longitudinal chromatic aberrations
- One aspherical element for reduced spherical aberrations and increased sharpness
- Manual aperture ring
I used to have the 10mm f/5.6 for several years, and I always loved the image quality I got from it, plus the all-metal construction and thoughtful design made it a real joy to use. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.