Pixels has launched a pretty slick little app that will let prospective clients who are purchasing your prints on pixels.com to see them on their walls in different frames before making a purchase. The app, simply named pixels.com, targets a wall and then shows you on your iPad what the framed artwork would look like there.
With the new iPad app, Pixels says that photographers and artists will be able to...
- Create a profile within the app and upload images directly from an iPad or Dropbox
- Set their own prices for a variety of print products, including: canvas prints, framed prints, metal prints, greeting cards, and more
- Showcase their images to potential buyers using the app's virtual reality interface
- Customize their images with millions of frame and mat combinations
- Process transactions directly from within the app
- Interact with other artists and photographers via comments, likes, favorites, and more
While prospective clients and art enthusiasts will be able to...
- Browse through millions of images from more than 250,000 living artists and photographers
- Search for images based on keywords, artist names, image titles, and more
- Comment on, like, and favorite images
- Customize images with millions of frame and mat combinations
- View images on their walls using the app's target-tracking virtual reality interface
- Purchase museum-quality artwork directly from within the app
- Follow their favorite artists and photographers and receive push notifications when those artists and photographers upload new images
The video makes it seem faster and more seamless than it really is, since you do have to print out a target for the app's augmented reality feature to really work. Still, it's a cool new tool that you can find out more by visiting here, or by downloading the app from the app store.