There are some things you just never leave home without. If you're a filmmaker, these are those things.
There are some pieces of gear that can make your life easier and some that can make a shoot grind to a halt by their absence. Muse Storytelling has put together a great list of 10 such items and details their usage in the above video. While I've listed them below for your convenience, definitely watch the video, as they have some great and novel tips for using these pieces of gear.
- Black foil
- Grip heads: I can't get enough of these.
- Light dimmer
- Cinevate Simplis
- Multitool: I modified this slightly. The video suggests a utility knife, but a high quality multitool will have a good enough knife for almost any situation, plus a plethora of other tools.
- Gaffer tape: You can never have enough.
- Apple box
- Sensor cleaning kit: Also see our comprehensive guide on how to clean your lenses, filters, mirror, and sensor.
- Lee 12x12 Assorted Gel Pack
- Threaded Jaw Clamp