Canon faithful, the wait appears to finally be over for the 24-70mm f/2.8 L II, which is expected in stock September 13. The original 24-70 L, arguably one of the best telezoom lenses for Canon, has been sold out for quite some time in expectation of this new lens.
The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Zoom Lens features:
- Large aperture L-Series standard zoom lens that combines high image quality and enhanced durability.
- New optical design utilizes one Super UD lens element and two UD lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration in the outer area at wide-angle; as well as eliminates color blurring around the edges of the subject, for images with high resolution and contrast.
- Combines 2 types of aspherical lenses to reduce spherical aberration,and achieve high image quality across the entire screen area and throughout the full zoom range.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, enabling shooting even in harsh and rigorous conditions.
- Circular diaphragm (9 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Ring USM, high-speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithms for fast autofocusing.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces reduces smears and fingerprints.
- Zoom lock lever locks the zoom position at the wide end for safe transporting.
You can pre order it now at B&H.
So are you going to pre order it? Do you think this release date will finally stick? Let us know in the comments below.