Phase One has rolled out the first major update to Capture One Pro 10 today with the release of Capture One Pro 10.1. The latest update has several exciting improvements that will simplify users' workflows and even offer better file handling for people editing Fujifilm X-Trans raw files.
Phase One has always been pretty great about listening to their users when it comes to features in Capture One Pro, and this latest update is no exception. Photographers and editors who regularly utilize Photoshop in their workflow can now seamlessly send and receive working assets from Photoshop to Capture One, allowing Capture One to function more like a front-end asset manager for Photoshop than ever before.
Fuji shooters have a lot to be excited about with the new update as well as Phase One has added the ability to use the LCC, Chromatic Aberration Analysis, and Purple Fringing suppression tools in their workflow. In addition, X-Trans files are now supported via OpenCL and Capture One 10.1 now supports the Fuji Compressed raw format.
Additional new features include:
- A new master reset function allows quick and easy before/after viewing of images.
- Enhanced Styles workflow: A redesigned Styles user interface makes Styles selection easier and speeds up the style workflow.
- Tokenized Watermarking supports image-specific watermarking, both for processing and for print (great for filename-based references on contact sheets).
- Vectorscope Orientation for color wheels is now available.
- Apple Script Enhancements enable Mac users to automate tasks more effectively.
Don't sleep on that master reset function listed above, as it has been one of my vew major irritants in moving from Lightroom to Capture One and is probably my second favorite new feature to be added. See more detail on the new features here.
Support for New Cameras and Lenses
Phase One has a hefty list of additional cameras and lenses that are now supported by Capture One, including the Pentax K-70, Panasonic GH5, Panasonic GX8, Nikon D5600, Fujifilm X-T20, and Fujifilm X-Pro2. Notable lenses added include the Nikon105mm f/1.4E ED, Nikon 70–200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, Sigma 24mm f/1.4 Art, Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art, Sony FE 100mm f/2.8, and more. See the full list here.
Capture One Pro 10 is an excellent piece of software that continues to be a real game-changer when it comes to precision color control and editing. Check out all of the new features by giving the latest update a try here.