100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lenses are highly popular among photographers, as they offer the reach of supertelephoto focal lengths and the versatility of a zoom, all in a package that is significantly more affordable than professional supertelephoto prime lenses. This excellent video review takes a look at Sony's option, the FE 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 GM OSS lens.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one Super ED element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Nano AR coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization that can work in tandem with in-body stabilization for increased effectiveness
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave motor for quick and quiet autofocus
- Zoom torque adjustment
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.22 feet for a maximum magnification of 0.35x
- Focus range limiter and focus hold for faster performance
- Dust- and weather-sealing
- Fluorine coating for smudge- and dust-resistance
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Lens hood with filter access window
Altogether, the 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 looks like an impressive lens. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.