Have you ever wondered what motivates all those successful, high-end professional photographers you look up to? Chances are, if you're a fan of this site, you already have a lot in common with them but Nikon Ambassador Corey Rich helps put that drive into words as he goes behind the scenes with five of Nikon's heavy hitters. "Inspired" is the second installment in a series that “explores what drives today's most diverse and interesting professional photographers and filmmakers, and captures the commitment it takes to tell truly meaningful stories.”
Shot exclusively on Nikon's new D5 camera in 4K ultra high definition video, the film follows Nikon photographers Matthias Hangst (sports), Ole Jørgen Liodden (wildlife), Bill Frakes (filmmaker/photo journalist), Mirco Lazzari (motorsport), and Dixie Dixon (fashion) as they use the new D5 for their own work. Don't let the fact that this video was created to be an advertisement for Nikon's latest offering dissuade you from watching it. It is beautifully filmed and lives up to its name providing a lot of inspirational reminders as to why we all do what we do as photographers. Watching this film was enough to help get me back into the photography/writing gaming after a long hiatus so it may just give you that little extra push today. In the mean time, if you missed Rich's first film in the series, you can watch "Dedicated" here.
- New 20.8MP FX-format CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 5 image processing
- Widest native ISO range ever in a Nikon full-frame DSLR: ISO 100 to 102,400 (expandable to Hi-5, ISO 3,280,000)
- Redesigned AF system with a 153 focus points, 99 cross-type sensors and a dedicated processor
- 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) video recording and pro-grade video features
- 12 fps continuous shooting with full AF and AE performance; up to 200 shots in a single burst
[via Imaging Resource]