This week we are filming 5 days of fashion, beauty, test, and portrait looks with Michael Woloszynowicz from Vibrant Shot Photography. Michael is a Toronto based photographer and high end retoucher creating an in-depth Pro Tutorial with RGG EDU that will be available on sale in the Fstoppers store this summer.
This walk through was filmed during the second day of the High-End Fashion Portraiture and Retouching tutorial with RGG EDU. High-End Fashion Portraiture and Retouching is aimed at taking your fashion, beauty, and portrait photography to the next level. In this course we’ll show you how to avoid common mistakes that photographers often make and guide you through the entire image creation process beginning at the lighting and set setup stage, all the way through to the retouched images in Photoshop. Throughout the lessons we’ll explore multiple lighting scenarios, from basic one light configurations, to complex multi-light situations to help you achieve high quality source files to perform your retouching on. We’ll cover retouching starting at image selection and discuss what you and your clients will be looking for in a fashion or portrait image, as well as showing you how to get the most out of your raw files. Once we dive into Photoshop, we’ll take you through the tools and techniques that you need to know to create beautifully textured skin, polished details and pleasing tones. The tutorial will cover:
- Choosing the right gear for your budget, insurance and other business considerations
- Finding and choosing a great studio space
- Full length fashion photography and model testing
- Model/fashion portraiture and shallow DOF studio portraits
- Beauty portraiture
- Finding great models and working with agencies
- Building your creative team and avoiding pitfalls
- Tips for high quality editorials, getting your work published and sources of income
- Ad quality start-to-finish post production of 4 photos
This tutorial will be available in the Fstoppers store this summer. If you would like to get access to this tutorial before the general public and get an exclusive discount, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Vibrant Shot.
Also check out a link to a live 15 minute look at a broadcast we did of this shoot earlier today HERE.