The XF 56mm f/1.2 R has long been one of the favorite portrait lenses of Fuji shooters, offering great performance with an extremely wide maximum aperture. Then, the XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR came along, pushing the boundaries of lens design all the more. Is it the new top portrait lens for Fuji shooters? This fantastic video review takes a look at the new lens.
Coming to you from ZY Productions, this excellent video review takes a look at the new XF 50mm f/1.0 R WR lens. The headline-grabbing feature of this lens is obviously is its f/1.0 maximum aperture, but in addition to that, it also features:
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design
- Super EBC coating that reduces flares and ghosting and increases contrast
- DC autofocus motor for fast autofocus despite the large elements
- Two extra-low dispersion elements that reduce chromatic aberrations and increase clarity
- One aspherical element that reduces distortion and increases sharpness
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for better bokeh
Check out the video above for the full rundown. As the first ever mirrorless f/1.0 lens with autofocus, you might have expected it to just be a trophy piece, but it looks like Fuji has backed up that impressive design with great performance. Check out the video above for the full rundown.