Over the years Yongnuo has built quite a reputation as an affordable and competitive product to the big names. Now nearly a year after their last trigger update, Yongnuo is announcing its latest version the RF605 trigger, which comes with some nice features that may pursuade you to upgrade if you are holding on to the old versions.
I myself still have and use the original 602 triggers on nearly every project and they have yet to fail me, except the handful of times I forgot the batteries, but I'm willing to take the blame for that. The fact that I am still using these same triggers several times a week for the past 5 years is a testament to their durability. A point which is often of concern to those considering Yongnuo products.
These new 605 triggers look like quite a worthy upgrade and pack some very nice features:
- RF-602/RF-603 two communication modes RF605 = RF602 +RF603
- TX/RX/TRX multiple working ways
- A/B/C/D/E/F 6 groups (compatible with YN560-TX)
- Wireless shutter remote control
- Clear LCD screen display, shortcut key operation
- 16 channels
- Communication range up to 100M
- Type: FSK 2.4GHz wireless remote control system
- Transmission distance: 100m
- Channels:16 channels
- Group:6 Groups
- Shutter release: half-press, full-press
- Shutter interface: 2.5mm socket
- Studio flash light interface: standard PC socket
- Max Sync Speed: 1/320 second
- Battery: AAA×2(3V )
- Size : 85MM x 41MM x 35MM
These new RF605 triggers will allow for grouping via a single button that allows you to easily turn on and off your 6 groups. They also now come with an LCD display for easy viewing of your groups and channels.
Of note is that these new triggers will be backwards compatible with previous versions.
No word yet on pricing or availability though I imagine they should start flooding ebay as they always have within a few weeks.
via [Light Rumours]