EOSHD.com reports that Canon is working on both lower- and higher-end versions of the C300, the C100 and C500. While we're unsure about the C100, new rumors indicate that Canon could be ready to announce the C500 along with the previously rumored Cinema EOS 1D DSLR made specifically for video! And all this could happen before the weekend, when NAB 2012 is set to kick off. Read on for some specs!
Rumored C500 Specs:
- $25,000/$35,000 (depending on the source)
- 4K resolution
- Up to 120fps @ full 4K (10bit @ 120fps, 12bit @ 60fps)
Rumored Cinema EOS 1D Specs:
- Full-frame with Super35mm crop feature
- More megapixels than 1D X
- Cinema lens compatibility
Also rumored are new cine lenses from Canon priced between $12,000 and $20,000: a 15.5-47mm T2.2 and a 30-105mm T2.2.
Stay tuned for updates! This announcement will happen soon!