Early this morning Canon announced a new CPS level for Cinema shooters. To join, you have to own at least one Cinema Zoom lens or one of the following Cinema EOS cameras: the EOS C300, EOS C500, or EOS-1D C. The membership has an annual cost of $1000.
"CPS Cinema Membership provides members with benefits like maintenance services, which are valuable for filmmakers who use their cinema equipment in all types of elements, repair discounts, and equipment evaluation loans, ideal for cinematographers looking to test out new equipment. In addition, members receive Canon Live Learning discounts, access to a 24/7 Live Exclusive Member Hotline, as well as a range of other benefits. CPS Cinema members receive expedited two-business day turnaround on their registered products at Canon Service and Support centers located in Hollywood, CA, and Ridgefield Park, NJ, with more locations to be added in the future. Additionally, CPS Cinema members can receive on-site Clean & Check Service by trained Canon CPS service and support professionals at select trade shows such as the 2014 National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB), taking place April 7th-10th at the Las Vegas Convention Center."
What you get:
- New Member Welcome Kit: Welcome Letter, Exclusive CPS Cinema Gift, CPS Member Card, CPS Pin (contents subject to change)
- Exclusive access to Equipment Evaluation Loans of Cinema Products
- Priority access (over Gold members) to Equipment Evaluation Loans (Try Before You Buy Program)*
- Expedited 2 business day service turnaround on the CPS CINEMA REPAIR LIST
- 30% discount on repairs and Cinema product maintenance for products listed on the CPS CINEMA REPAIR LIST up to 20 items per membership term
- Complimentary DSLR and EF Lens Canon Maintenance Service on up to 10 items per membership term
- Repair Coverage Loans
- Free shipping both ways for products listed on the CPS CINEMA REPAIR LIST sent in for service
- Onsite event and show support, as listed on the events calendar
- 24/7 CPS Support Hotline (domestic and international)
- Discounted admission to select Canon Live Learning seminars and workshops
In addition, Cinema Prime lenses and the EOS C100 are now included as qualifying products for CPS Platinum and receive all benefits provided at that membership level.
"In order to better serve corporations like newspapers, rental houses, schools and universities, Canon has also developed an Enterprise level of CPS support. Enterprise CPS is a customizable program developed to provide service and support benefits that meet the unique needs of medium-and-large sized companies who own large quantities of Canon imaging products. Customized benefits of Enterprise CPS can include any or all of the benefits of regular CPS membership in addition to on-site maintenance service, expanded product support and more."
Canon has been pushing harder into cinema-level video for a few years now, so it should come as no surprise they want to entice new users and encourage old users to stick around with this membership program.
You can learn more at Canon's CPS website.