For only $896.95, you can pre-order the new Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens from B&H today! With an estimated ship date of April 24, you could be shooting with some new gear in no time. The details listed for this lens make it off to be quite nice and perfect for anyone looking for a not-too-cheap and not-too-expensive do-a-lot lens for their bag.
The new Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR Lens is being called the "all-in-one zoom lens" that is capable of shooting at wide angles all the way to the super telephoto focal lengths. The zoom range on it is 18-300mm, which is equal to that of the 27-450mm in a 35mm format. That allows for it to be useful for a TON of different shooting conditions.
"The 18-300mm utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for quick, quiet auto-focusing for photo and video as well as internal focusing that helps keep the lens design compact. Also, the Vibration Reduction technology optically stabilizes the image to reduce camera shake and movement in order provide up to 4 additional stops of light while shooting handheld."
To help keep image quality high, there are three aspherical and extra-low dispersion glass elements that are set to minimize flare and ghosting while at the same time maximizing contrast. The lens has 7 rounded diaphragm blades meant to smooth out-of-focus areas. Also, there is a 67mm front filter thread, so you will be able to add on to it.
- Aperture range from f/3.5 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76° to 5°20'
- Maximum magnification of 0.32x and a minimum focusing distance of 1.6'
- Lens construction of 16 elements in 12 groups
- Works on FX-format cameras in DX crop mode
- Utilizes 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas
- The three extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements help by minimizing the effects of chromatic aberrations and maintaining optimal sharpness and contrast of the lens
- Three aspherical lens elements reduce coma and other aberrations as well as correct the distortion in addition to keeping lenses smaller and lighter
- Super Integrated Coating nearly eliminates ghosting and reduces flaring, maintaining a crisp image throughout the frame
- A-M switch locks the focus ring during autofocus while still allowing manual focusing when the ring is turned
- Focal Length: 18-300mm, Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 27-450mm
- Aperture: Maximum f/3.5-6.3, Minimum: F/22.0
- Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
- Format Compatibility: Nikon DX
- Angle of View: 76° - 5° 20'
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6' (48.77cm)
- Magnification: 0.32x
- Elements/Groups 16/12
- Diaphragm Blades: 7, Rounded
- Image Stabilization: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- Tripod Collar: No
If you would like to pre-order this lens or see more information, please visit the B&H official product listing page HERE