The Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM is the latest lens from the company, and it brings with it a variety of useful features for a lot of applications. This great video review takes a look at the lens and how it performs for portraiture work.
Coming to you from Julia Trotti, this awesome video review takes a look at the new Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM specifically for portraiture. 35mm lenses are a popular choice for wider portrait shots, and Sony's new offering comes with a variety of premium features, including:
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements for reduced astigmatism and distortion and increased sharpness
- One extra-low dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Nano AR Coating II for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Two XD Linear Motors for quick and quiet autofocus
- Focus hold button
- Declickable aperture for video applications
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design
- Fluorine-coated front element for dust-, moisture-, and oil-resistance
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 35mm f/1.4 GM looks like a great premium option. Check out the video above for Trotti's full thoughts, and if you would like to see more about this lens, be sure to check out our own first impressions as well.