The Mac mini has long been a favorite of casual users and creatives alike who want the Mac experience in a desktop without dropping top dollar on a Mac Studio or Mac Pro. And now, with the ability to add an M2 Pro chip, the mini is more capable than ever. This great video review takes a look at the new Mac mini with the M2 Pro chip and just what you can expect from it.
Coming to you from Marques Brownlee, this excellent video review takes a look at the new M2 Pro Mac mini. Starting at just $599 (M2 model), the Mac mini is impressively affordable, but still comes with a range of features, including:
- M2 and M2 Pro chips
- M2 features 8-core CPU and 10-core GPU and up to 24 GB of unified memory
- M2 Pro features 12-core CPU and 16-core GPU and up to 32 GB of unified memory (up to 14x faster than fastest Intel-based Mac)
- ProRes acceleration and next-generation Neural Engine
- Two Thunderbolt 4 ports and support for two displays (M2 model)
- Four Thunderbolt 4 ports and support for three displays, including one 8K display (M2 pro model)
- Two USB-A ports
- HDMI port
- Gigabit Ethernet (optional 10 Gigabit upgrade), Wi-Fi 6E, and Bluetooth 5.3
Check out the video above for Brownlee's full thoughts on the new Mac mini.