Samyang has long been recognized for creating affordable and sharp manual focus lenses, but in recent years, they have expanded into autofocus options, vastly increasing the versatility of their offerings while maintaining budget prices. One such lens is the AF 135mm f/1.8 FE, and this excellent video review takes a look at the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the new Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE lens. At $999, the 135mm f/1.8 is quite affordable for a premium portrait option and a nice alternative to the classic 85mm focal length. It comes with a variety of useful features, including:
- Three extra-low dispersion elements for less chromatic aberrations
- Ultra-precision aspherical element and 11-blade diaphragm for improved bokeh
- Ultra multicoating for less flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Linear STM autofocus for fast and quiet autofocus
- Customizable lens switch and focus hold button
Altogether, the AF 135mm f/1.8 FE looks like an excellent performer in a relatively lightweight package and at a steal of a price. Check out the video above for the full rundown from Frost.