With a relatively light and small footprint along with a wide aperture for its focal length, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED is a compelling option for Nikon mirrorless shooters in a wide variety of genres. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
- Three extra-low dispersion glass elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Three aspherical elements for reduced spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings for reduced reflections, flares, and ghosting and increased contrast
- Multi-focus system for fast and quiet autofocus with full-time manual override
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Dust- and moisture-resistant construction
With its wide aperture and wide focal length along with its small size and light weight, the 20mm f/1.8 S looks like a potentially useful option for a wide range of applications, including landscape photography, astrophotography, events coverage, and more. Check out the video above for the full rundown from Frost.