Adobe has updated their image management and editing software Lightroom Mobile for Android devices. First debuting on Android in January, the Lightroom companion app allows users to sync photos between the desktop version and edit on the go with their mobile devices. In Version 1.2, the team has added a few new features and made several fixes that should improve a user’s overall experience.
One of the biggest improvements is the new ability to copy and paste image adjustments to other photos. This should save a lot of time in having to manually duplicate settings when you need to maintain a consistent look in your images. The crop tool has also been revamped with a redesigned experience. Previously, users were only able to crop in preset aspect ratios which greatly limited the flexibility that many photographers rely on to get their images looking just right. That appears to no longer the be the case.
In addition to these updated tools, Lightroom Mobile 1.2 for Android has a new Segmented view in Collections which will “give you a different way to view and engage with your photos” according to the Lightroom blog post.
Below are the addressed fixes that Adobe has outlined in their app release notes:
- Screen occasionally went blank after changing the orientation from landscape to portrait.
- Lightroom could crash when customers tap the sign-in button.
- Fixed issue that could cause crashes when scrolling through a large collection and changing the device orientation from portrait to landscape (or vice versa).
- Hardware back button was not closing any contextual menus.
- Slow performance when swiping from image to image.
- Copying or moving an image into a different collection was not working correctly. Please note that this issue only occurred on certain Samsung tablets.
- Lightroom sometimes caused automated logouts.
- Edits not visible when sharing photos to certain 3rd party apps and services.
- Crash occurred when occasionally navigating from grid view to collections view.
The update is now available in the Google Play store.