Today, Apple has announced their latest MacBook Pro, their popular powerhouse laptop for creatives. Headline features include a new keyboard design, 16-inch Retina display, an 8-core processor, 64 GB of RAM, 8 GB of VRAM, a new thermal management system, faster performance, and longer battery life.
Apple's MacBook Pro series is highly popular among creatives who need lots of power to work with while on the go. The latest iteration ups the ante and should be an intriguing option for many photographers and videographers.
- 16-inch Retina display, 3,072 by 1,920 resolution, P3 wide color gamut, 500 nits
- New Magic Keyboard with scissor mechanism and 1 mm of key travel
- Improved thermal management with 28 percent more airflow and 35 percent larger heatsink
- 6- and 8-core 9th-generation i9 processors with Turbo Boost up to 5.0 GHz, resulting in complex edits in Photoshop completing 1.7 times faster
- Up to 64 GB of 2,666 MHz DDR4 RAM
- AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics: the first 7nm mobile discrete GPU
- Up to 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM
- 100 Wh battery for up to 11 hours of battery life
- SSD capacity of up to 8 TB
- Redesigned six-speaker audio with deeper bass and clearer sound with less distortion
Altogether, the new MacBook Pro looks to be quite the powerful laptop that should satisfy the needs of demanding creatives. You can order the new 16-inch MacBook Pro here.