Redrock has announced the release of a pro-grade baseplate specifically for taller DSLRs and Red Scarlet/Epic called the lowBase. The lowBase is designed specifically for taller camera bodies so cinema accessories can be easily adapted and rigs can be quickly configured. It also works with popular DSLRs configured with a battery grip, such as Canon 5D MKII, Canon 5D MKIII, Canon 7D, Canon 60D and Nikon D800, all starting at a price Redrock hopes you'll love: $200.
If you're considering a baseplate for your DSLR or RED, check out the features of the lowBase:
- Industry-standard 15mm front rail support for attaching follow focus, mattebox and other camera-front accessories (60mm spacing).
- Industry-standard 15mm rear rail support for adding shoulderpad, external battery and other rig accessories.
- "Lift n' lock" repositionable thumbscrews.
- Rubberized pads securely grip and hold the camera body.
- Adjustable 1/4-20 screw for camera mounting to plate.
- Optional rear 3/8-16 for additional camera mounting point for RED Scarlet/ Epic.
- Storage bays on bottom of plate for additional 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 camera screws.
In addition to the standalone baseplate, the lowBase is offered as part of four complete rigs:
DSLR Studio Bundle with lowBase - the ultimate rig for studio-based shooting on tripods, dollies, jibs and cranes.
theEvent with lowBase - balanced, compact handheld rig ready for a follow focus.
Field Cinema Deluxe Bundle with lowBase - comfortable shouldermount for all-day shooting.
eyeSpy with lowBase - shouldermount with centered camera for rear LCD operator monitoring.
For more information, head over to RedrockMicro.com.