Today, Sigma has announced the 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN lens, the smallest and lightest f/2.8 standard zoom available for mirrorless systems.
The Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Contemporary is billed as the smallest and lightest standard zoom ever made for mirrorless cameras, making it a versatile yet portable device suitable for a range of scenarios, particularly with Sigma claiming "Art-level optical performance." It has a range of features, including:
- Available for Leica L mount and Sony E mount
- 16.6 oz (470 g), as compared to the 24-70mm f/2.8 Art at 31.4 oz (890 g)
- High-level edge-to-edge performance due to control of axial chromatic aberrations and sagittal coma aberrations
- Dust- and splash-proof mount
- Water- and oil-repellant front element
- Maximum magnification of 1:3.3 at 28mm for working distance of 2.8 inches (7 cm)
- Stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for both photos and videos
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm for smoother bokeh
The Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG DN will retail for $899 and is available for preorder here.