The Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art lens for Sony is the newest from the company, and it brings with it the Art line's legacy of high-quality optics at affordable prices. Sigma has released the price for the lens, and it looks to be a great option for Sony shooters.
Sony's 24-70mm f/2.8 lens is a great lens, but it is also quite pricey, coming in at $2,198. Sigma's new 24-70mm f/2.8 Art lens comes in at exactly half that, at only $1,099. The 24-70mm f/2.8 Art looks to fill the workhorse role for many photographers, and comes with the following features:
- 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9 at the wide end, 1:4.5 at the telephoto end
- Six F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements to reduce aberrations and improve clarify and color
- Three aspherical elements to reduce distortion and increase sharpness
- Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous Coatings to reduce flares and ghosting
- Programmable AF-L button can be customized for different settings
- Brass bayonet with rubber sealing
- Dust and splash resistant
Altogether, the lens seems to be a great option for Sony shooters looking for great optical performance at a good price. You can preorder the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art lens here.